Recipe credits: CBD Oil: Everyday Secrets: A Lifestyle Guide to Hemp-Derived Health and Wellness by Gretchen Lidicker.
With New Year’s Eve taking full effect on the body this holiday season, we know that the absolute worst day-after effect of your usual poison of choice is slight porridge brain. We also know that even the most die-hard stoner might find themselves indulging in a few too many drinks of the alcoholic variety during December time.
The next time a heavy night of “dopping” gets in the way of your wake and bake session, try this nausea-kicking CBD ginger tonic.
CBD is absorbed by your endocannabinoid system, which carries it through your body. Your endocannabinoid system maintains homeostasis in your body. This means that it helps your body regulate itself regardless of what’s going on externally.
This is how the CBD tonic can aid in curing your hangover. Ingesting large amounts of alcohol affects your body’s ability to maintain homeostasis. That’s why you feel so #*!? after drinking too much (in short. The scientific explanation is far more complex).
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
Ingredients for your CBD tonic:
- 750ml sparkling water
- 1 small hand raw ginger, juiced
- 1 green apple, juiced (slice up some extra for garnish – gotta have the garnish!)
- ±20mg of CBD oil
How to mix up a hangover-curing CBD tonic:
- Pour the sparkling water into a large water jug (or if you’re feeling cute, a Consol jar can look quite snazzy)
- Mix up the ginger and apple juice and add to the sparkling water
- Add the CBD oil (the magic ingredient)
- Stir with a large spoon until all the ingredients are fully blended
- If you saved up some sliced apple and ginger, add it to the mixture
- Pour over crushed ice, serve in a tumbler
Ta-daa! There you have it. A hangover-curing CBD tonic, featuring Ginger Spice.