YouTube Music is looking to empower local music and production organisations that, intern empower young South African musicians.
In partnership with the local media production company Black Stripe Foundation, YouTube Music is looking for organisations that have proposals to develop skills such as video production, songwriting and the creation of new music and is offering up to R100,000 in funding for these projects. The project must be aimed at a local community, involve at least five young people and take place between June and December 2021.
Read More | Cape Town DJ, producer and writer Kaelem Fakier aka Terrasoul needs your help!
“The Covid-19 pandemic has devastated local entertainment and music industries across the world, potentially stifling generations of creatives,” says Addy Awofisayo, head of YouTube content partnerships in Sub-Saharan Africa. “That is why it is so important for us to provide avenues of upliftment for creatives who provide so much joy and inspiration to communities.”
Find out how to apply for funding from YouTube Music below | source: BusinessInsiderSA
Do you qualify?
- Only South African organisations can apply not individuals
- Must be legally constituted with a set of accounts, and have at least a year-long track record
- Must have an annual turnover of no more than R800,000
- Not be a music service/record label or formal institution of learning
- Regularly provide music and/or music technology activity/projects for young people
How to Apply
Applicants need to submit a two to three-page proposal detailing missions, ideas and execution strategies over a period of six months and include the following:
- A detailed description of the project plan, mission and timeline
- Details of the organisation (and a brief description of your work), including names, registration number, location and additional necessary details
- Details of the core group involved in the project, and any further relevant information associated with the group.
- References to previous work done, including links to music or visual content where possible
- Link to a video featuring the key organisers discussing the project and why it merits investment (Google Drive or Dropbox link to the video should be added to the proposal doc)
- A detailed breakdown of how the proposed budget (no more than R100,000) will be used
The proposals should be emailed to email@example.com by Monday, May 3, 2021.