ALL INFO POWER FLOWER PICNIC
Wolfkop Weekender returns to the Citrusdal Valley for it’s 2nd installment for 2014. Power Flower Picnic takes us away from the river and into the lush pastures for a weekend of deep beats of a different kind. Following on from the unique atmosphere created at January’s Lilo River Pub Flow; live electronica, daytime dubs and other moody music will be purveyed around a crystal clear dam, in a field of wild flowers.
10:00 – Ghost Track
10:30 – Dan C
12:00 – Bruno Morphet
13:30 – Valve State
15:00 – Card on Spokes
16:30 – Felix Laband
18:00 – System off
19:00 – Black Book
21:00 – Kanan K7 & Richard Marshall
23:00 – Bruno Morphet
10:00 – Richard Marshall
11:00 – Black Book
12:00 – Private Life
17:00 – System off
– Tickets are limited to 400 for the weekend and will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
– Full weekend pass with equipped tented camp: R700 includes a set-up campsite with electricity, bedding, mattresses, cooking gear, braai and ablutions with hot water.
– Full weekend pass with camping spot: R350 excludes a set-up camp, includes a demarcated camping space [bring your own gear] and ablutions with hot water.
– Purchase your tickets here: https://www.quicket.co.za/
HOW IT WORKS:
Friday: Gates open at 3:00pm. Arrive at campsite and enjoy relaxed time out with your friends around a fire. A communal braai area will be available for those wishing to turn a chop. The soundsystems will be silent tonight.
Saturday: Event starts at 10:00am at a specially selected area that is covered in flowers and moves to the campsite stage after sunset +- 7:00pm. The music stops at 2:00am.
Sunday: Music starts at the campsite at 10:00am and goes on until 5pm. We encourage you to stay for a full day of beats, lunch will be available from selected vendors. Those who can are welcome to stay over on Sunday night, at no extra cost.
GOOD TO KNOW:
– A fully-stocked bar will be available in the flowers and at the main river-side campsite.
– Food truck vendors and stalls will be available on site throughout the festival.
– Lara Roux will host a guided yoga class at 9am on Saturday & Sunday morning by the river
– Freshly-squeezed, free orange juice will be available for everyone, all weekend. Feel tree to taint with your favourite tipple.
– The water in the valley is drinkable and delicious so leave bottled water on the shelves, where it belongs.
– We’re having a picnic, so don’t forget blankets, lunch baskets and all that comes with it.
– Bring your wellies and an umbrella, in case there’s a spot of mud or rain.
– Don’t forget! A headlamp or torch for night-vision afterdark.
Weather: Temperatures can go up to 28 degrees during the day, however, it will still be extremely chilly in these hills at night so prepare to dress warmly for evenings. We suggest you bring layers of clothes and a warm jacket and beanie for the evenings. 😉
Postponement: We are at the mercy of the weather gods. If the weather is terrible the EVENT WILL BE MOVED TO 5/6/7 SEPTEMBER. In the event the festival is postponed until the following weekend, full refunds (ex. 10% Quicket fee) will be given to those who can no longer attend.
Website Link: http://
Facebook Page Link: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/
Wolfkop Nature Reserve is nestled in the Olifants River Valley in Citrusdal and takes it’s name from the nickname the first local farmers gave the shapely mountain that backs the riverbank of the reserve. While the only thing you’ll find howling at the moon are happy campers, the land is abundant with wildlife and it’s not uncommon to hear a troop of baboons echoing through the range.
The reserve has a variety of accommodation options available, including remote cottages, wood cabins, and tent and caravan villages, perfect for travellers passing through slowly and families and groups of friends alike, looking for a quick getaway or weekend retreat. The venue never sways from reminding your free spirit, that this is a great outdoor destination.
The heart of Wolfkop’s offering is a quest to provide a truly off-grid experience, to allow one to reconnect with themselves and nature. To appreciate the sweet sounds, fresh earthly aromas, blue skies, soft breezes, crystal clear water, and rolling, lush green fields; all in a moment that is not connected to time or destiny.
Free-spirited travellers, this is your next stop.
We’ve got two double tickets to give away…
What you need to do:
1) Like this post
2) Click attending on the Wolfkop Weekender event page: (click here)
3) Comment below with your full name and tell us why you want these tickets
Winners announced on the 21st of August.