Being a product of this fine institution I feel the need to punt the annual open day of one of the best and MOST beautiful universities in the world!
On April 17 2010 (this saturday) the University of Cape Town (UCT) hosts its Open Day aimed at high school students in Grades 10, 11 and 12, their families, teachers and guidance counsellors along with any cradle snatchers hoping to entice these kids to join their “book club”.
The event gives all those who attend a chance to explore the vast range of study options that UCT has available and find out just whether studying botany will be personally rewarding (which it can be). There will be plenty of well-informed individuals including my mom (shout out to Belinda!!!!) that will be available to chat and give advice on the different academic programmes and what they involve.
All faculties and departments participate in this event, which features a wide range of activities including:
- displays by all faculties and their respective departments
- lectures by academic members of staff from the various faculties
- information about financial assistance
- personal interaction with current students and academics
- library tours and exposure to some of the facilities on campus
- sports facilities available to students
And now for the 1st time ever, you will be able to apply online!!! Less paperwork, less nause. FANTASTIC!!!
Do your online applications over HERE