If you’re heading out along the Garden Route for a breakaway remember that Knysna is beautiful and magical all year round and that it is home to one of South Africa’s most unusual hotels. Revamped from a historical wood-burning power station into a quirky hotel-of-note, the Turbine Boutique Hotel and Spa adds another dimension to that magic.
The 5-star hotel is situated on Thesen Islands in Knysna. The intuitive architecture pays homage to the old power station it once was. Accommodation comprises luxury hotel rooms, standard rooms, a honeymoon suite and two expansive self-contained suites adjacent to the hotel.
Read More | Brilliant Black Friday vacation specials across South Africa
The hotel is also home to the Island Café Restaurant with tables overlooking the canals, pool deck or nestled between the original refurbished turbines. The Gastro Pub offers classic pub meals with a delicious twist and lagoon sunset views.
The Turbine Spa has a wide range of treatments for day visitors as well as hotel guests and, the hotel’s very own adventure centre, the Turbine Water Club, arranges a variety of water and land-based activities such as lagoon cruises, forest walks, city tours and bicycle hire. Take a look at the fabulous specials being offered this festive season.
Three fabulous discounted offers – valid until 30 November 2020:
- Weekdays (per room) one night at R1 510; two nights at R1420; three nights at R1 330
- Weekends (per room) one night at R1595 per room; two nights at R1510; three nights @ R1420
- A great ‘Kids Stay Free’ special – valid to 30 November 2020 – where children u/12, sharing with parents in a Luxury Room or Suite stay free (maximum two kids)
- Rates are per room, per night, two guests sharing a standard room. Subject to availability. T&Cs apply.
The Turbine Spa’s Daily Promos
Valid from1 November to 31 January 2021 – a 50% discount on:
All manicures and pedicures on Mani & Pedi Mondays; all massages on Therapy Tuesdays; all massages on Wellness Wednesdays; all pamper packages on Turbine Thursdays and all facials on Facial Fridays Bookings are essential – 044 302 5746 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Food & Wine Pairing Dinners
Just the thing for food and wine connoisseurs – on Thursday 26 November savour the culinary delights and Jean Daneel Wines with Lani Groves – a cellist and vocalist in various genres, and Thursday 17 December with Gabriëlskloof Wines and classical violinist Minx who will delight with her modern, mischievous and energetic performance.
Black Friday – 27 November
a ‘Stay for 3 – Pay for 2’ Special (book and pay on Black Friday to redeem in January 2020) – R4 350 per couple per stay (50% off a two-night stay.) Rates are per person sharing, per night. Ts&Cs apply and a 50% discount on ALL spa treatments at the Turbine Spa and ALL food and beverages at the Island Café restaurant and Gastro Pub, on Black Friday
Half Price Week in CELEBRATION of the Turbine’s 10th birthday:
Friday 4 to Wednesday 9 December
- Turbine Spa – all treatments at half price
- Island Café – Lunch Menu and all beverages half price between 12h00 and 16h00
- Gastro Pub – Lunch menu and all beverages half price between 12h00 and 16h00
- The Water Club – boat cruises, and kayak and bike rentals – all at half price
Happy Hour at Gastro Pub
Every Friday between 17h30 and 19h30 – Buy-one-get-one-FREE – on all house wines, craft beers and selected cocktails – the Gastro Pub is open every day of the week 12h00 to 21h30 (last round) – and an extra something for coffee aficionados…
R20 a Cappuccino for Thesen Harbour Business owners, tenants, and employees (T’s& C’s apply), and the Island Café’s Woodburner’s Breakfast Special with a free coffee – Island Café open every day of the week – Breakfast 07h00 -11h00 / Lunch 12h00 -16h00 / Dinner 17h00 – 21h30 (last orders).
Christmas and New Year
The Turbine’s not housed in an old power station for nothing! The festive season at The Turbine is a time of good cheer and celebration:
- 24 December – Christmas Eve Dinner – 18h30 for 19h00 with Diniel Weston on piano – Table d’hote menu: a choice between two starters, two mains and two desserts – R320 per person (Children u/12 half price)
- 25 December – Christmas Day Lunch – 12h00 – 16h00 with Kirsten Freiwald (KeeZee) – plated soup, harvest table, plated main (choice between three), dessert platter served to table – R425 per person (Children u/12 half price)
- 25 December – Christmas Day Dinner – 18h30 for 19h00 with Diniel Weston – Table d’hote menu: a choice of two starters, two mains and two desserts -R320 per person (Children u/12 half price)
Happy New Year:
- New Year’s Eve Gastro Pub Braai – from 17h00 for 17h30 to late – first come first serve basis – Braai menu options – Buffet style with starters, from the grill, sides, and dessert -R320 per person (children u/12 half price)
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Party “Celebrating Life” – 19h30 for 20h00 to late – musician Tanja Storm and band – amuse bouche, starter, main, dessert and a complimentary glass of bubbly – R650 per person – Adults only.
For more information and to book your experience at the Turbine Boutique Hotel, visit www.turbinehotel.co.za | email@example.com |+27 (0)44 302 5746
Turbine Boutique Hotel | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Website