I am extremely excited to have been invited to this years Poker Champs at Montecasino. My last visit saw my luck run dry as I placed in 4th place out of a bunch of really cool celebs and media peeps alike at the Mavericks of Chance launch to miss the chance of winning some amazing prizes. This time, I am going in with a winning attitude – nothing is going to take this away from me. The mental preparation has already begun! If anyone else is coming up and playing, let me know… It would be cool to see some familiar face. Check out all the information below on how to book your place in the finals! I am heading on the 5th of March and will be playing in one of the satellite competitions…
Wish me luck!
POKER CHAMPS 2012
The annual Montecasino Poker Champs is on the horizon for 2012. The R10,000 No Limit, Texas Hold’em, Freezeout tournament consistently attracts the cream of South Africa’s Poker fraternity to Montecasino to compete for the big prize.
Excellent hotel rates are also on offer for players from Thursday, 22 March to Sunday, 25 March. Players can relax and enjoy a stay at 2 of the fantastic hotels at Montecasino. Details of these “not to be missed” special offers are:
Palazzo Hotel – R1,000 per room, per night (room only, max 2 persons)
Sunsquare hotel – R600 per room, per night (room only, max 2 persons)
Contact the Montecasino central reservations centre on 011-367 4250 to make your booking. When you register for the tournament on Friday, 23 March from 5pm, please request a “Tournament Players confirmation letter” from the tournament registration personnel. This letter is to be passed on to the staff of the relevant hotel front desk in order for your room rate to be adjusted to those detailed above. Without this letter, you will not qualify for the special rate. This system is in place to prevent abuse by members of the general public. The rate is in place for the benefit of Poker Tournament participants only.
MAIN EVENT DETAILS:
- Buy in R10,000
- Estimated prize pool of R1.44 Million
- Seats are capped at 160
- Starting stack R30,000
- Blinds start at 25/50
- 45 minute blind levels
- Registration from 5pm on Friday, 23 March, tournament starts at 8pm
- Registration on Saturday, 24 March from 10am, tournament continues at 11am
- Registration on Sunday, 25 March from 10am, tournament continues at 11am
Entry to the Tournament is through one of two ways:
YOU MAY BUY YOUR SEAT AT THE MAIN CASH DESK INSIDE THE CASINO FROM 16 JANUARY 2012
BUY YOUR SEAT BY WAY OF AN EFT PAYMENT:
– Pay R10,000 into:
– Account Name – Tsogosun Casinos t/a Montecasino
– Bank – Nedbank
– Branch – Corporate Client Services
– Branch Code – 145405
– Account Number – 1454027061
– REFERENCE – Use “POKER” followed by your Name and Surname (eg. POKER John Smith)
– E-Mail your proof of payment, together with your name and ID number to email@example.com
– Once your deposit clears, you will receive a tournament entry confirmation letter via e-mail. Please print this letter and present it at tournament registration.
– DUE TO EFT CLEARANCE TIMES, NO EFT PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE AFTER 16h00 ON TUESDAY, 20 MARCH 2012. WE INSIST ON YOUR EFT PAYMENT CLEARING BEFORE ENTRY TO THE TOURNAMENT IS PERMITTED. PROCESS YOUR EFT PAYMENT BEFORE THE CUT-OFF TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
ANOTHER SHOT AT THE POT – COMPETITION
Win or Lose in the Satellites, you can still WIN a seat into the Montecasino Poker Tournament main event where R1,4 Million is at stake to be won. It’s your chance to take another shot at the pot.
What do you have to do?
Get to Montecasino’s exclusive Poker Lounge and play in the Satellites. Upon entry into the Poker Lounge, your details will be captured onto our system by one of the Poker Lounge staff. Then play in your Satellite game(s) as normal and should you LOSE these Satellite game(s) your name will then go into a draw where ONE lucky person could still win his/her seat into the Poker Champs Tournament.
You can play as many Satellite tournaments as you need to, and each time you will have double your chances of winning.
Draw Date: On the 23rd March 2012, we will draw a winner from our system using a random number generator. The winner will be contacted immediately thereafter, and invited to play in the Tournament. Should the winner have already decided to buy into the main tournament, he/she will be reimbursed in full, the R10,000 buy-in amount.
So go ahead, take another shot at the pot. It’s for you, the Mavericks of Chance of Montecasino Poker.
Registration from 5pm on Friday, 23 March, tournament starts at 8pm
Registration on Saturday, 24 March from 10am, tournament continues at 11am
Registration on Sunday, 25 March from 10am, tournament continues at 11am