If you are reading this, then you are one of two kinds of people… You’re either going, “Omigod omigod omigod omigod! LiquidBASS is back! It’s about farking time! Rejoice! Celebrate! Start doing warm-ups!”
Or, you’re the other kind going, “LiquidBASS? What on Earth is that?”
For you poor folk in the latter category, let us clarify: first, it’s not on Earth, it’s on water. The Vaal River to be exact. It’s SA’s only first and only floating drum n’ bass event. Second, LiquidBASS is the SINGLE GREATEST party on the annual drum n’ bass calendar. Or any party calendar for that matter.
Limited to 120 guests, with an insane DJ lineup, LiquidBASS rocks its sexy ass down the Vaal River for a night of drum n’ bass hedonism, community love, catching-up with the LiquidBASS Family (some of whom travel from across the country for every single event), welcoming new faces and, most importantly, face-melting, machine-gun drum n’s bass that is unrivaled anywhere!
You can follow the masses to whichever crap, same-ol’-same-ol’ club, festival, rave, body-corporate meeting or any other thing you’ve done a million times… or you can join the few and the proud, meet the Family, and get lucky!
If you don’t know by now… ask somebody. They’ll tell you. If someone can actually be told at all.
Tickets ALWAYS sell out. People are ALWAYS heartbroken about it. First come, first served. So get on it while you still can!
What must we bring?
Yourselves, cash for the bar, your tickets, something warm (just in case it gets chilly or rains a bit,) good vibes, and your friends.
What not to bring:
Weapons, kak vibes, aggression, feet that don’t like dancing, ears that don’t like sick basslines and hearts that don’t wanna rejoice in the awesomeness of drum n’ bass, love, life, summer and floating along, rocking the crap out of an otherwise peaceful river!
How do we get there?
Approximately 60km from JHB.
The boat will set sail from:
EMERALD CASINO RESORT
777 FRIKKIE MEYER BOULEVARD
DIRECTIONS TO EMERALD CASINO FROM ROSEBANK / JOHANNESBURG /
SANDTON / PRETORIA
• Take the N3 Highway
• Follow the Bloemfontein / Durban signs
• Road splits, follow Bloemfontein signs
• Then follow the Alberton / Vereeniging signs
• Take the R59 to Alberton
• You’ll pass Alberton, Henley-on-Klip, Meyerton and Vereeniging
• Take the Vanderbijlpark off-ramp R42
• Once you’ve taken the off-ramp, you’ll get to a first set of robots. There’s a Pick & Pay on your left
• Carry on straight, you’ll go through another 2 sets of robots
• At the next robot (altogether it will be the fourth robot), turn left into Frikkie Meyer Boulevard
• Carry on straight, you’ll pass an Engen garage on your right and you’ll go through 2 sets of robots
• At the very end, there’s a split to the left (you’ll see a park on your left too), follow that split and carry on straight
• You’ll pass some townhouses and a Virgin Active on your right. There will also be signs on the road to direct you to the casino
• At the very end is the EMERALD CASINO RESORT
• Park car near main Casino entrance and wait for shuttle, alternatively you can walk through the casino towards the river bank and you will see the Liquid Lounge, +- a 5 minute walk.
From the casino, there will be shuttle services that will take you from the casino to the boat and back to the casino.
And for those of you wondering what happens if the boat sinks? Well, we have 120 life jackets for guests and 10 extra life jackets for staff working on board.
The Liquid Lounge is surveyed and licensed annually and all safety requirements and regulations are met and maintained with discipline.
BUYING TICKETS IS AS EASY AS 1-2-3!
Click on the LIQUID BASS event
Choose the number of tickets you need and pay using a credit card, EFT or deposit
Print your ticket(s) and bring them to the event where the ticket will be scanned
Ticket price: R250
2 cash bars onboard
Food stall available
Tickets limited to 120. First come, first served. No additional tickets to be issued. Over-18s only. Right of admission reserved. No weapons, douchebags, crap vibes or unamped people will be tolerated. Kak vibes will be thrown overboard. Liquid Bass Organisers will NOT be held responsible for anything whatsoever.
For any other info/issues with payment email firstname.lastname@example.org
This time we have made a pre booking for the Tropicana Lodge, and, as ever, we’ve organised a special rate, especially for LiquidBASS-heads. Details below…
We strongly suggest that you stay the night. Possibly even the next one, too. The Vaal is very far from, well, everywhere except the Vaal, really. Here’s where we’ll all be staying…. Book your rooms early, to avoid the panic later:
For accommodation bookings please phone:
Paulo: Tel (016) 932 1467 or (016) 932 5396
139 River Road,
NB! PLEASE MENTION IT’S FOR LIQUIDBASS!
Audio and Visuals brought to you by Audioconcepts.