Just last week I popped around the grand re-opening of The Union Bar and was treated to a fantastic aural, taste and visual experience with some of Jozi’s most beautiful and influential socialites. They’ve got a brand new logo, which is a throw forward to the beginning of a new era in pop-up entertainment, launched in partnership with Black Bottle blended Scotch whisky – a whisky that goes beyond the ordinary.
This black and gold extravaganza is now open to the public on Thursday to Saturday nights, 18:30 to late, until June 11 2016 (so best you make your way down for a proper night out, sooner rather than later). The venue is the newly converted Norman Goodfellows Dispatch Warehouse, on the corner of Chaplin and Oxford roads, in Illovo, Johannesburg. Be on the look-out for more information by visiting www.theunionbar.co.za, and/or www.facebook.com/unionbar011.
As we’re always trying to help you, our loyal readers to live your best lives beyond the ordinary, we thought it was only fitting that we share the love and provide a chance for you to win one of three bottles of Black Bottle Scotch Whisky in a limited edition golden birdcage. To stand a chance at winning one of the prizes, please leave a comment below telling us how you prefer to drink your Black Bottle Scotch Whisky (on the rocks, with ginger ale etc).
Please view the full terms and conditions associated with this give-away below:
Terms and conditions
- This promotional competition is organised by Distell Ltd, in association with mycitybynight.co.za (“the Promoters”).
- The promotional competition is open to mycitybynight.co.za readers in South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except any employee, director, member partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, immediate family members of such persons, and/or any participants who have won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been awarded), or any aspect thereof, without prior notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary.
- The promotional competition commences on 18 March 2016 and ends on 25 March 2016. Entries received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
- Three mycitybynight.co.za readers stand a chance to win one of three Black Bottle whisky bottles in a gold birdcage, valued at R400 each (“the Prize”).
- To be eligible for the Prize, participants are required to leave a comment on the blog.
- Winners will be chosen by random draw and informed via electronic mail. Once the emails have been notified, they need to respond with their full name, ID number, contact details and delivery address to email@example.com.The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize will be couriered to the winners within two weeks of acceptance of the Prize.
- If the potential winner does not accept his/her Prize on or before 28 March 2016 the winners will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
- The winners will be required to provide proof of identity to verify that he/she is above the age of 18.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, by entering the promotional competition, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in this promotional competition and/or use of the Prize (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters).
- A copy of the competition rules is available at mycitybynight.co.za