“In a world where authenticity is rare, Nitro Circus is the only action sports entertainment company that delivers the biggest and best, mind-blowing cross-platform entertainment for daredevils and risk-taking wannabes in the spirit of fun, friendship and camaraderie.” – Nitro Circus.com
Way back in 2003, more than a decade ago a few fearless and rather insane friends came together to create a series of DVDs showcasing some of the most daring and rather risky stunts that would make even the most professional and well-versed stuntmen in the industry cringe. The initial Nitro Circus phenomenon was the brainchild of homies: Travis Pastrana, Jeremy Rawle, and Gregg Godfrey who produced their unsuspecting hit DVD series from a garage in Utah. Talk about humble beginnings…
Since then the brand and its crew have grown from strength to strength branching out Nitro Circus and pushing boundaries that no other sports brand has ever dared to do. Let’s take a look at the growth and rise to success of the world’s most epic action sports phenomenon.
- 2003 – Nitro Circus the concept is born and the production of their first DVD is in full swing. – Travis & the Nitro Circus. The brand went on to produce eight more editions to their extreme sports DVD series.
- The Nitro Circus DVD series explodes into global popularity prompting an offer for airtime on TV. Originally starting out in 2006 as mini-series on Fuel TV, the brand went on to produce an episodic reality television show on MTV featuring Travis and his posse performing skilful but high risk, dangerous stunts. Nitro Circus officially debuted on February 8, 2009, and Season 2 premiered on August 27, 2009. The show also featured appearances by some of the Jackass crew.
- Pushing the boundaries and taking their epic entertainment to the next level, Nitro Circus released their 3D full-length film in 2012 with Damien Starkey and Paul Phillips – both ex Puddle of Mudd members – scoring the movie and provided the majority of the music
- 2010 – Sports industry veteran, Michael Porra transformed the brand founding the live Nitro Circus tour and is now the company’s overall CEO/Managing Director.
- Nitro Circus Live also evolved into a second TV series in 2014 which was based on the world-wide live tours.
- The biggest game changer, however, has to be the launch of the annual Nitro Circus World Games in 2016 which features some of the freshest talents in the extreme sports arena. This massive leap disrupted and changed the industry forever, further solidifying the diversity and strength of a brand that was built purely on friendship, good times and pushing boundaries.
This October we get to experience the epic collective that is Nitro Circus, the crew returns back to South Africa with an all-new live show jam-packed with never before seen stunts and contraptions. Adding even more to the excitement, action sports icon Travis Pastrana, who wasn`t able to take part in the 2014 South African shows, will join this summer`s tour, and will ride in South Africa for the first time. It’s an affair that is sure to sell out, so don’t wait, book your tickets right now for an experience of a lifetime.
Get your tickets here for the South Africa tour: here
- Cape Town: Saturday 21st October at Cape Town Stadium.
- Durban: Wednesday 25th October at Moses Mabhida Stadium.
- Johannesburg: Saturday 28th October at FNB Stadium.