THE SPOKEN WORD
A force, we can’t deny, to be reckoned with a touch of the unorthodox as well as contemporary. Like the latest EP “4 Seasons”, her craft and skill is something which can be enjoyed at any time of the year. One of our all time favorite house custodians, Buhle has the experience to take any given day of the week and make it your best of the year. A humble and motivated soul, we had a chance to catch up with her for a bit of a chat.
1) Describe yourself in 3 words?
Buhle: Passionate , God Fearing & Quiet.
2) Tell us about what you do. Give us a breakdown in what you focuses are within the entertainment industry.
Buhle: An award winning Deep House DJ , Producer (4 Seasons EP) & Event organizer (InkAndMusic, Sunday Phola).
3) Talk to us about your journey: How did you end up in this? What steps did you take to get there?
Buhle: My grandpa had collection of records that we would listen to. After I finished school, I studied TV/Radio Presenting & Drama, Film & Documentary making, Project Management of which I thought I would do behind the scenes. However seeing the ladies (Lady Lea, Shirley, Thobs, Pinky, Boipelo) who at that point were in the forefront got me curious… the rest is history… LOL
4) Do you feel like you’d find yourself somewhere else apart from behind the music? Like where do your other passions lie?
Buhle: I would be an actress or film maker… and ACTION!
5) The best piece of advice you can give to those who want to be inspired and are just so new to the industry?
Buhle: Do it with love or don’t do it at all. Let God and your gang lead you.