Going Out, a national platform for always-on 2-for-1 dining deals, launched their service offering this week. The platform allows users to get up to R120 off every time they eat out at over 1000 restaurants on the Going Out database for a subscription fee of only R99.95 per month – plus the first month is free.
“We are super excited to be able to save consumers money while simultaneously driving foot traffic into restaurants,” says Will Smyly, Co-founder.
The concept is simple:
- Sign up on www.goingout.co.za, browse through over 1000 restaurants countrywide from chain stores like Spur and John Dory’s to speciality restaurants like Clarke’s in Cape Town, La Vue in Durban, or Eighty-Six Public in Joburg.
- Select a restaurant and confirm your selection by using the “get discount here” button.
- Eat, snap a pic of your bill and submit it on the site and 3 days later you will receive up to R120 into your bank account, or the cost of the second most expensive meal on your bill. It couldn’t be easier.
- The best part about it is that you can do this as many times as you want so long as you only use it once per restaurant per day. You don’t have to involve the restaurant staff in the process and it runs on a month to month membership model meaning you don’t have to pay up front for the entire year.
- The platform is also accessible nationwide so you’re not forced to pay more if you like to travel.
If you don’t believe it, don’t worry, put Going Out to the test in your first month – which is free! This is why they are calling themselves the ultimate 2-for-1 dining service in South Africa.
“Going Out is better for a number of reasons…” says co-founder, Guy Everitt, “…we are always told that deals are good, but it never seems to work out in the consumer’s favour. If you are a Going Out member and eat out once a month, you are already saving more money than our monthly membership fee! You could use your membership and get 2-for-1 meals every single day, for every meal if you like. Nobody else is offering that kind of value.”
“We are very excited about our product as it creates what we believe to be a golden loop of value: Value for consumer as they will be getting 2-for-1 prices when they eat out and value for the restaurants as they will have additional foot traffic and don’t lose money in the transaction,” says Will Smyly, Co-founder.