The Fair Cape course is situated 10mins from Durbanville, which is about 20km from Cape Town, amid wheat fields, vineyards and dairy pastures, looking across to Table Mountain.
The course is 1.9km long from start to finish. The road surface is extremely smooth and all about the speed. The course starts with a straight push and then into a tight right turn. The road curves to the left and back into a straight. Flying down the hill you prepare for the final right which drops into the fastest section of the course the Fair Cape drop, where top speeds of 108km/h have been reach for downhill skateboard and 117km/h for street luge. During the summer months the South East wind often blows, which is an excellent tailwind for some extra speed. Tactics play a critical role on this course!
Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in each category:
Junior 1 Skateboard (14 yrs and under)
Junior 2 Skateboard (18yrs and under)
All racing vehicles and safety equipment will be subject to a strict technical inspection before being allowed on the race course. PLEASE BRING ALL EQUIPMENT TO TECH INSPECTIONS – all set ups you are going to race, helmets, leathers, gloves
You will be required to sign an indemnity form at registration, under 18s will need a parent or guardian to sign the indemnity form.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN: http://78a.co.za/products/
From Cape Town
• N1 from Cape Town towards Durbanville
• Take Exit 23 “Durban Rd”
• Take a left onto Willie Van Schoor Ave follow the road until it becomes Durbanville Road
• Continue along Durbanville road until it becomes Main Street
• At the circle take the 2nd exit onto Koeberg Road
• Continue along Koeberg road until it becomes Adderley Street
• Continue along Adderley street until you see a dirt road to the
left with the sign : Malanshoogte road “Contermanskloof”
• Drive along dirt road until you reach the event
• N1 towards Cape Town;
• Take Exit 23 ” Durban Road Exits”
• Follow as above
• You will reach the bottom of the racetrack, where you can stop and take a shuttle up;
• Take a shuttle to where you want to be;
• The race is on the road, but the road is intermittently open to traffic;
• All spectators please stay clear of turn-around point for shuttles;
• If you walk the racetrack, please stay off the road at all times
Saturday 21st March
8:30 – 9:30am registration and technical inspection
9:00 – 9:15 – compulsory riders meeting
9.15 – 13.00 practice runs
13.00 – 14.00 lunch break
14.00 – time trials
Sunday 16th March
8.30 – 10.30 practice run
10.30 – 16.30 Racing
Please no pets, no fires.
There will be some food and drink on sale but please feel free to bring your own supplies as well as some shade and seating.