Cape Country Routes, South Africa, a leading group of owner-operated and managed accommodation and activity establishments, all carefully selected for their character, charm and romance and situated on the scenic and historic routes in the Western, Eastern and Northern Cape, has curated a stunning 7 day/6 nights Wine and Whales tour package.
The Wine and Whales tour covers Paarl with its range of cultural and historical attractions, and the largest wine cellar complex in the world – the 22 hectares KWV; Stellenbosch, boasting a high proportion of the country’s leading wine estates are the ideal base from which to explore the local wine route.
Read More | Save up to 50% on luxury accommodation with these Stay and Play in SA specials
Then the Elgin Valley with its undulating landscape of deep valleys, forests, mountain streams, lakes and rivers and lush hills covered with apple orchards and vineyards; the Cape South Coast comprising the Bot River, Elim, Hermanus and Napier wine-producing regions; also a whale-watching mecca, and finally the De Hoop Nature Reserve, a World Heritage site and one of the Western Cape’s largest and most beautiful nature sanctuaries and the playground of the Southern Right whales.
- Explore the Paarl/Franschhoek region in the heart of the Cape Winelands, on a wine tour before spending one night at Cascade Country Manor, Paarl – other activities include wine tastings, visiting the magnificent Cathedral Cellar with its barrel-vaulted roof and large carved red wine vats
- One night at Eendracht Hotel – visit the wine farms in the Stellenbosch region, take a scenic hike through the Winelands, or a guided bicycle tour of Stellenbosch and the vineyards (www.adventureshop.co.za), or visit the wine farms – Vine Hopper hop on hop off wine tour (www.vinehopper.co.za) or a private wine tour (www.adventureshop.co.za)
- Overnight at South Hill Vineyard’s guest house in the heart of the Elgin Valley – visit the Elgin Wine farms, sample locally made craft cider and visit the UNESCO protected Kogelberg Reserve – other activities include swimming, apple-picking, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, river cruises, zip-lining, bird watching, wine tastings or just savour a glass of South Hill wine while relaxing
- One night at The Arniston Spa Hotel, next to a quaint old fishing village, surrounded by pristine beaches and nature reserves
- And then wind down the Wine and Whales with two nights at the outstanding De Hoop Collection, De Hoop Nature Reserve. There are plenty of things to do – whale-watching topping the list, of course, day walks, scenic game drives and top-quality wines from its Wine Cellar – in a silo
Wine and Whales Tour Cost: R5 170 per person sharing on a Bed and Breakfast basis. Excludes all other meals, entrance fees and additional activities. Valid until 30 November 2020. T’s and C’s apply. View accommodation images, right here.
Booking is essential. Please use the reference: CCR 7 Day when booking the Wine and Whales tour.
CCR Central Reservations: 076 203 8929 (also WhatsApp), email@example.com
*In keeping with new protocols regarding the Coronavirus, all Cape Country Routes properties are adhering to stringent health and safety cleaning protocols – the safety of guests and staff being of the highest priority.